Friday, April 11, 2008

Not a Good Day to Stay Home

I guess the roofers waited until my day off to re-tar my roof. They started before 7:30 with loud bangs on the roof. Now I smell tar. Earlier this morning the groundskeeper was using the noisy dust blower and the jets at Miramar were roaring overhead. Once the first plumber comes, sometime between 10 and noon, I'll take a break and go to the bank. I had to get my car out of the garage this morning at 7AM so I would not be trapped. The second plumber will be here between 12 and 4, but he'll call 1/2 hour before to make sure I'm home, so I don't necessarily have to be home for the entire four hours. Then I hope to leave for DHS by 6PM.

1 comment:

Homer Simpson said...

Well, I made the mistake of leaving the Mustang in the garage during the day. They said there would be some dust, but the garage was covered with roof dust including on my Mustang! Plus, there was black tar on a fan I had sitting below a vent in the garage. I just spent one hour cleaning the garage and my car, however, the Mustang really needs a good washing and I'm leaving town in one hour. Hopefully the dust, most of which I gently bushed off (then drove the car fast around the block), won't do any damage.

Both plumbers came and left. The first one will e-mail me the estimate, the second gave me a written estimate, which is the normal way to do it. Guess I'll need one or two more estimates for comparison.