Saturday, December 10, 2005

Nose Emergency

For the first time ever I had to call 911. I resisted, but when I felt like I was going to pass out I figured it was the best thing to do. After putting my new registration sticker on my car, I stood up and "bamm!", I slammed my nose and forehead into my bike rack. This took out a chunk of skin on my nose and a small cut on my forehead. Once I got the bleeding stopped, I rested, but then began to feel faint, dizzy, numb and my heart was racing fast - all signs of shock. So I called 911 and they sent out the usual crew of paramedics and firemen. They took my pulse and blood pressure and said I wasn't going to die, but I might need a skin graft and a tetanus shot. After they left I felt much better and luckily I didn't have to be taken to the hospital. I hope my nose heals without too much of a scar.

Sunday followup:

I went to the urgent care facility at my doctor's office today and after two hours I left with a tetanus shot. They said the paramedics were crazy because I don't need a skin graft - the cut will heal just fine. I think the paramedics were just looking for some business for the hospital.

2 comments:

Karen said...

So that's what you meant by nose emergency! Maybe the paramedics just mentioned skin graft to freak you out! Post a photo!

Homer Simpson said...

There's gonna be no photos.

Now I'm dealing with the ever increasing pain of a tenanus shot!