Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Catalan Cathedral

Catalan CathedralPictured left is the inside of the Catalan Cathedral located in the Gothic Quarter of Barcelona. When I walked inside the Cathedral I was overcome with emotions. The architecture was breathtaking and at the same time the sound of the pipe organ made me think of my dad and how much he would have enjoyed hearing the music. Even though the organist was just practicing, the sound of a pipe organ is always very powerful. I have many memories of listening to pipe organ music with my dad so I always think of him when I hear a pipe organ. Chapel

As the music was playing, I walked around the Cathedral and was amazed by the detail of the small chapels, columns and even benches. (I recorded a short movie with sound that I will post when I can reduce the file size to less than 5 MB.) I would recommend this Cathedral as a must-see for anyone visiting Barcelona.

No comments: