Monday, July 04, 2005

Pacific Beach on the 4th


I took this photo as I rode my bike along the boardwalk in Pacific Beach. All these people having fun in the California sun. I began my morning trek (on my Trek) near Sea World. I followed the bike paths to Ocean Beach where I had to dodge lots of dogs, especially near Dog Beach. The smell of all the BBQs made me hungry. From there I biked to Mission Beach, with a detour out on the jetty. From Mission Beach I followed the board walk to Pacific Beach. The city did a great job of widening the path, making room for bikers and pedestrians. However, this improvement only works if the people walking stay out of the bike lane! Anyways, feeling famished, I ended up at Jack In the Box where I bought a bacon double cheese burger on Ciabatta bread. I don't eat many burgers these days and this one tasted stupendous. With my full stomach, I headed over to Sail Bay and wound my way back to my car (encountering many clueless people standing in the middle of the bike path). The round trip took about three hours. Now it is beer time.

No comments: