Friday, April 01, 2005

Tru Calling Second Season

Where did this show come from? From what I read Tru Calling wasn't picked up for a second season. Then, suddenly, my DVR started recording a new episode on Thursday! Now let me regress. I started watching Tru Calling last season for one reason only - Eliza Dushku, who played Faith the Vampire Slayer on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Near the end of last season they shook the show up with the addition of the character Jack, played by Jason Priesley. He added a new edge to the series. In fact, the show is so edgy now that it is almost hard for me to watch. Much like the new Battlestar Galactica. It is funny how Fox can advertise the heck for shows like American Idol but have no advertisement at all for Tru Calling. It is almost like they want the show to fail. But fail it will not as long as there are true fans like me watching television hoping for better crap than Survivor and Amazing Race (sorry Karen).

2 comments:

Karen said...

Crap?!! TAR is hardly crap and Survivor has been the best season in a long time! A tribe of one!

It' really a bummer that FOX doesn't promote Tru Calling because this season has opened up strong and the writers have found their stride. I hope we at least get the full story arc before they pull the plug!

Homer Simpson said...

I didn't mean to pick on your shows, they were just easy targets. I should have said crap like "Who wants to marry a millionare?".