Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Beer, The Govenator and Monk

First beer. I recently tried two new beers from Stone Brewing Co. The first is their 8th Anniversary Ale. I must say I was disappointed. Their 7th anniversary beer was much better. This years beer had no unique flavor and was kind of flat. The second beer is Stone's Russian Imperial Stout. Now that's what I call a beer! Thick, dark and full of flavor. One bottle and you're done - more or less.

Now politics. This is my first post related to politics. I just wanted to say that no matter who you are going to vote for this November, our governor, Arnold Schwarzenegger, just gave a great speech at the RNC. I hope he runs for president in 2008.

Lastly, I just read that the character of Sharona Fleming on the TV show Monk, played by Bitty Schram, is off the show. The actress, and her character, are going to be hard to replace. I also didn't realize that Bitty Schram played the woman from A League of Their Own who "cried" in baseball.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Arnold 2008? Well the US Constitution would have to be changed first and there's no way the Democrats will allow that to happen. It was a good speech though.

Stone RIS. I must try one!

Homer Simpson said...

Yes, I realized that Arnold couldn't be president after I posted, but who knows what will happen in the next four years.

I just drank my second, and last, RIS, so I'm now all out. However, I just bought this years "Beers of the World" case from Costco, so after I finish my case of "Snake Dog" beers, which I also bought from Costco, ... I have no idea where I was going with this comment, so I'll stop now.

Anonymous said...

There are also the people who go to the site and see it's not updated since the last visit. That equals 0 seconds too.

Karen