Sunday, June 13, 2004

Weekend in Rosarito

I just got back from a spontaneous trip to Rosarito, Mexico. My friends and I decided on Friday to go there for the weekend. The plan was to crash an Athletic Singles Association (ASA) party that my friend knew was happening down there. I have lived in San Diego my whole life and this was my first trip to Rosarito, so I didn't know what to expect. Ironically, I was surprised to see so many Mexicans, since I thought that all the clubs were filled with Americans.

After checking in to a dive hotel (with three small beds, no air and a faulty circuit breaker that killed all but one light), we headed out looking for people from ASA that my friend knew. First we went to Papas and Beer, a famous club that you might have seen bumper stickers for. We met no one there, so we headed to the Rocking Taco, where we found a large group of ASA members. After some drinks and mingling, we headed back to Papas and Beer which now was packed with partiers. After some food and more drinks, we headed back to the hotel where we didn't sleep much due to music from the hotel bar, which finally stopped around 3 AM.

For breakfast we headed south to La Fanda for a brunch, which might end up being a breakfast-lunch-dinner (bruncher?), and then we drove back across the border. Back to work I go tomorrow.

Papas And Beer

Athletic Singles

No comments: