Sunday, June 27, 2004

Getting Caught Up

I'm a little behind in my blog entries so it is time to get caught up. Last weekend was unusually busy for me - in a fun way. On Saturday I went to a "promotion" party for my supervisor. A person who my boss and I work for with had a party for his daughter's high school graduation, and he decided to also make it a promotion party for my boss. It was kind of strange having high school age kids mixing with us old folks. Despite being cloudy, there was enough food and drinks to make the party fun.

On Sunday I went to my brother's house for Father's Day. We all swam in his warm pool and ate some very good steak and salmon grilled on the BBQ. For this party it was warm and sunny. Even the neighborhood cat had fun.

Monday took me to see the Angels in Anaheim. I haven't even been to a Padre game yet in the new Petco ballpark, but there I was rooting on the Angles. Angle fans are so much more loyal and supportive than Padre fans. Even though the Angles were ahead by like 8 runs in the ninth, no one but us left early. We had an excuse - one of us twisted his ankle walking down the steep steps of the view section (not me).

This weekend I stayed at home and steam cleaned my carpets. What a load of fun. Now my carpets are clean but my back is sore. I rewarded myself for this hard work by going on my first bike ride in almost nine months.

Now I'm planning my summer vacation next month to Salt Lake City and Lake Tahoe.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Keep July 7th open for the Padres. I have the tix.