Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Bike RIde to Waterfall in Los Peñasquitos Canyon Preserve and Beyond

After searching my blog posts for "waterfall" I found the post from when I did this ride before. Back on Halloween 2009 I rode from my house to the waterfall in the Los Peñasquitos Canyon Preserve. This time I drove to the trail head and rode my bike to the waterfall, and then rode further into the canyon. Also, this time I had company. This was official a Take a Hike meetup.com event, but there was only three of us.   My friend and the organizer. And yes, it wasn't a hike, but it was good exercise. We took the path to the north of the river, which is pretty smooth and wide in most places. Since I only have a hybrid bike and not a true mountain bike I was glad there was no real deep sand or rocks. I was able to stay on my bike up and down most of the trails, only walking it in a few narrow places.

On the way back we crossed over the river and made a loop for a total of nine miles. After the ride we ate Mexican food at a near by restaurant, including this beer you see and a huge lobster burrito. After coming home and taking a shower I'm ready for bed. I hope to sleep well tonight.


No comments: