Thursday, February 08, 2007

More Info on my HDTV

Well, if I look closely at an all black screen, I do see the famous "clouds" that so many Sony Bravia owners complain about. However, I don't plan on watching a black screen. Some of these Sony Bravia owners are getting desperate. They are trying things like loosening the screws on the back and laying the TV on its back for one hour and then tightening the screws, but not too much. Others are talking about a class-action lawsuit! Sony is basically saying that the panels are fine and that's just the way that it is. Someone posted a "confidential" message from Sony which was meant to be seen only by authorized repair people. The memo basically says some of these observed problems on Sony TVs are normal and Sony will not pay to have them fixed.

I find myself watching only high definition channels because they look so much better. That limits my choices on what to watch, but luckily, some of my favorite programs are broadcast in HD including Bones and American Idol. I had no idea what I was missing all these years. Unfortunately, shows that might look really good in HD like Battlestar Galactica are not in HD, except there is one HD channel that broadcasts some repeat episodes in HD. I wish the SciFi network had a full-time HD channel. Also, The Simpsons would be good in high def., but probably very, very expensive to make.

On an unrelated note, what a sad ending for Anna Nicole Smith. She led a very interesting life, one that I could never imagine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

By the way, I fathered Anna's baby.