Saturday, October 07, 2006

Firkin Friday, Shredding Papers and the Padres

Last night was an enjoyable Oktoberfest themed Firkin Friday at Karl Strauss in Carlsbad. Plenty of beer and food for everyone, except for those who drank wine or mixed vodka drinks. The Firkin beer was nothing to blog about, but getting free beer, if only 4 oz., is always a treat.

I had planned to replace my porch light this morning, but because I was unable to find the exact replacement (necessary because of association rules), I ended up spending the morning cleaning up my filing cabinet and shredding three bags worth of old papers. There is more to shred, as well of other stuff that I'd like to do before I sell this condo.

While I was having fun creating a cloud of paper dust in my room, I was watching the Padres game on ESPN 2. I was excited to see the Padres finally win a playoff game as they beat the Cardinals in game 3 of the series. I noticed, however, that the announcers on ESPN were not so happy. They gave the Padres no respect. The entire game they kept talking about how good the Cardinals were, and how bad the Padres have been playing. We all know that the networks want big east coast city teams to win because of ratings. The worst thing that could happen for Fox is a world series with the San Diego and Oakland. Lets keep thinking those good thoughts.

No comments: