Sunday, January 22, 2006

Avoid Mossy Ford!

First off, DON'T GO TO MOSSY FORD! Let me regress. First I went to Kearney Mesa Ford where no salesman came near me - which was nice. All their Mustangs were MSRP, except for one V6 with dealer installed wheels - 245/45Z18 - for an extra $4000! Why on a V6? Who knows. They had several redfire Mustangs, so I was able to see which wheel looked the best with that color, and the premium aluminum did. So then I left and drove down to Mossy Ford, and as soon as I stepped foot on the lot, a slimy looking salesman rushed towards me. I tried my best to get rid of him, and when I asked for his card so I could leave, he said his cards were inside, which I knew was a trick. He took me straight to his sales manager, who tried to sell me a car today for $500 below MSRP. I told him that I didn't want to buy a car today and said that this was my second bad experience at Mossy Ford and then I left. I got home after eating lunch (another interesting story) and then took the business card, tore it in half and threw it away. My previous bad experience at Mossy Ford was a similar situation. I was interested in a blue Ford Escape. The salesman I was talking to then brought me to the sales manager, who tried to sell be a red model and told me that the color didn't matter because when you are driving a car you don't see the color except for the hood. Does that make since? No! So through the power of blogging, I am doing my best to keep people away from a dealership that I think is not worthy of your business.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I liked Poway Ford but that was years ago. Too bad Bob Baker Subaru doesn't have Fords.